Aneus Corydoras, also known as Bronze Corydoras, are a charming and popular freshwater fish species admired for its unique appearance and peaceful demeanor. This species is a member of the Corydoradinae subfamily within the Callichthyidae family, commonly referred to as armored or corydoras catfish due to their characteristic armored plates covering their bodies. Aneus Corydoras is often referred to as the Bronze Corydoras due to its distinctive metallic sheen.
- Size: Aneus Corydoras are relatively small, typically growing to an adult size of 2.5 to 3 inches (6 to 7.5 centimeters).
- Body Shape: They have a compact and streamlined body shape with a flattened belly.
- Coloration: The base color of the Aneus Corydoras is usually a bronze or coppery hue, which gives them their common name. Their bodies are adorned with dark speckles and patterns, which add to their appeal.
- Dorsal and Pectoral Fins: These fins have spines that serve a defensive function and are a distinguishing feature of the Corydoras genus.
- Barbels: Like all Corydoras species, Aneus Corydoras possesses two pairs of sensitive barbels around their mouths, which they use to search for food in the substrate.
Behavior and Temperament: Aneus Corydoras are renowned for their peaceful and social nature. They are excellent community fish and thrive when kept in groups of five or more individuals. These catfish are often seen shoaling together, making them a delightful addition to a community aquarium. Their charming, non-aggressive behavior makes them suitable tank mates for a wide variety of other peaceful fish species.
Habitat and Tank Requirements:
- Substrate: They appreciate a soft substrate such as sand or fine gravel since they like to forage in the substrate for food. Sharp gravel can potentially harm their delicate barbels.
- Filtration: Provide efficient filtration and maintain good water quality, as these fish are sensitive to poor water conditions.
- Decor: Furnish the aquarium with hiding spots like caves, plants, and driftwood to offer security and shelter. Live plants and low-intensity lighting are also beneficial.
- Water Parameters: Aneus Corydoras thrive in tropical freshwater conditions with a temperature range of 72°F to 82°F (22°C to 28°C), a pH level between 6.0 and 7.5, and soft to moderately hard water.
Diet: Aneus Corydoras are omnivores with a preference for a varied diet. They will readily consume high-quality sinking pellets, flakes, frozen or live foods like brine shrimp, bloodworms, and vegetable matter. Provide a balanced diet to ensure their health and vitality.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.