Moneywort, scientifically known as Bacopa Monnieri, is a versatile and easy-to-care-for aquatic plant that's popular among both beginner and experienced aquarists. Known for its vibrant green color and cascading growth, Moneywort can add beauty and vitality to your freshwater aquarium.
1. Tank Setup:
- Tank Size: Moneywort can thrive in aquariums of various sizes, making it suitable for both small and large tanks.
- Moneywort can be planted directly in the substrate, which should be a fine gravel or sand.
- It can also be left floating or anchored using plant weights or aquarium-safe thread.
- Moneywort is adaptable to a wide range of lighting conditions, from low to high light.
- Moderate lighting is generally sufficient, but it can benefit from higher light intensity for faster and denser growth.
- Utilize full-spectrum LED or fluorescent aquarium lights.
4. Water Parameters:
- Temperature: Maintain a temperature range between 68°F to 82°F (20°C to 28°C).
- pH Level: Moneywort can thrive in a pH range of 6.5 to 7.5.
- Water Hardness: It is adaptable to various water hardness levels.
5. Water Quality:
- Use a reliable aquarium filter to ensure good water circulation and filtration.
- Regular water changes (approximately 10-20% every week) help maintain water quality and remove accumulated pollutants.
6. Plant Placement:
- Moneywort can be planted in the substrate or left floating in the water column.
- When planting, bury the stems in the substrate and leave the upper portions above the substrate to allow for growth.
- Moneywort is a nutrient-efficient plant and can thrive with minimal supplementation.
- However, if your tank has low nutrient levels, you can use a liquid fertilizer designed for aquarium plants sparingly.
- Balance nutrient levels to prevent algae overgrowth.
8. Pruning and Maintenance:
- Regularly trim and prune Moneywort to control its growth and maintain its desired shape.
- Trim the tops to encourage bushier growth, and remove any dead or yellowing leaves.
- Moneywort is easy to propagate. You can cut healthy stems and replant them in the substrate to create new plants.
- Alternatively, allow the cuttings to root and grow while floating in the water column.
10. Benefits: - Moneywort helps improve water quality by absorbing nitrates and provides oxygen through photosynthesis. - It offers a natural and attractive appearance to the aquarium, enhancing its overall aesthetics.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.