Echinodorus Ascherianus, commonly known as Ascher's Sword Plant, is a popular aquatic plant in the Echinodorus genus. Known for its striking appearance and relatively easy care, this plant can be an attractive addition to your freshwater aquarium.
1. Tank Setup:
- Tank Size: A tank with a capacity of at least 20 gallons or larger is recommended to provide ample space for this plant's growth.
- Use a nutrient-rich substrate like aquarium soil or fine gravel. Ascher's Sword Plant is a heavy root feeder, and a suitable substrate will promote healthy root development.
- Echinodorus Ascherianus prefers moderate to high lighting conditions. Providing adequate light is essential for its growth.
- Utilize full-spectrum LED or fluorescent aquarium lights with a timer to maintain consistent lighting duration.
4. Water Parameters:
- Temperature: Maintain a temperature range between 72°F to 82°F (22°C to 28°C).
- pH Level: Keep the pH level in the range of 6.5 to 7.5.
- Water Hardness: Ascher's Sword Plant prefers soft to moderately hard water.
5. Water Quality:
- Use a reliable aquarium filter to ensure good water circulation and filtration.
- Perform regular water changes (approximately 10-20% every week) to maintain water quality and remove accumulated pollutants.
6. Plant Placement:
- Plant Echinodorus Ascherianus in the substrate with its roots buried in the gravel or substrate. Ensure that the crown (the point where the leaves emerge) is above the substrate to prevent rot.
- Provide enough spacing between plants to allow for growth without overcrowding.
- Echinodorus Ascherianus benefits from regular fertilization. You can use liquid or root tab fertilizers specifically designed for aquarium plants.
- Follow the instructions on the product label, typically fertilizing every 2-4 weeks, to provide essential nutrients like iron, potassium, and micronutrients.
8. Pruning and Maintenance:
- Regularly trim and remove any dead or decaying leaves to maintain the plant's overall health and appearance.
- Prune back excessive growth to prevent overcrowding in the aquarium.
- Echinodorus Ascherianus can be propagated by dividing the plant when it has grown sufficiently.
- Carefully separate the plant into smaller sections, each with roots and healthy leaves, and replant them in the substrate
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.