The Glowlight Danio, scientifically known as Danio choprai, is a captivating and vibrant freshwater fish species highly regarded for its striking appearance, energetic behavior, and ease of care. This danio species is a favorite among aquarists, valued for its unique coloration and lively presence in aquariums.
- Size: Glowlight Danios are relatively small fish that typically reach an adult size of about 1.5 to 2 inches (3.8 to 5 centimeters).
- Body Shape: They have a streamlined and elongated body shape, typical of danio species, with an arched back and a slightly pointed snout.
- Coloration: Glowlight Danios are aptly named for their brilliant coloration. They have a striking golden-yellow to orange body with a distinct and iridescent stripe running from the snout, through the eye, along the midline of the body, and to the caudal fin. This luminescent stripe is what gives them their "glowlight" appearance.
- Finnage: Their dorsal fin is well-developed, and their anal fin is elongated, which enhances their graceful swimming motion.
Behavior and Temperament: Glowlight Danios are known for their active and playful behavior. They are a schooling fish species, which means they thrive in groups of six or more individuals. This schooling behavior enhances their natural vibrancy and makes them a dynamic addition to community aquariums. They are peaceful and get along well with other non-aggressive fish species.
Habitat and Tank Requirements:
- Tank Size: A 20-gallon (75-liter) aquarium is suitable for a small group of Glowlight Danios. Larger tanks are preferred for larger schools.
- Substrate: Provide a soft substrate like sand or fine gravel, which allows them to forage comfortably.
- Filtration: Efficient filtration and maintenance of water quality are crucial. Glowlight Danios are sensitive to poor water conditions, so regular water changes are essential.
- Decor: Furnish the aquarium with hiding spots such as plants, driftwood, and rocks. Provide open swimming areas for their active behavior. Live plants can help diffuse lighting and create a natural ambiance.
- Water Parameters: Glowlight Danios thrive in tropical freshwater conditions with a temperature range of 72°F to 78°F (22°C to 26°C), a pH level between 6.5 and 7.5, and moderate water hardness.
Diet: Glowlight Danios are omnivorous and accept a varied diet. Offer them high-quality flakes, pellets, and granules formulated for omnivorous fish. Additionally, include live or frozen foods like brine shrimp, daphnia, and bloodworms to supplement their diet.
Breeding: Breeding Glowlight Danios can be achieved with suitable tank conditions. Provide them with fine-leaved plants or spawning mops as potential spawning sites. After spawning, remove the adults to protect the eggs and fry. The fry are relatively easy to raise with proper care.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.